Star in a Play

Wild Wire Blog HomeBring Back the WildMissionsWild and WackyAmazing AnimalsSuper RangersAll About AnimalsNewSmallNavBar_halfsize
PageHeaders-04

starinaplay

Spotlight, please!

When Super Ranger Sophia learned about endangered animals, she knew she had to do something to help! Sophia started a Bring Back the Wild campaign to save the woodland caribou and decided to write and star in her own play to help explain the threats facing caribou and other animals like the American badger and polar bear. Sophia did an amazing job and rose over $500 to protect the woodland caribou! Want to see more? Watch Ranger Sophia’s play and read her Super Ranger story here!

TIPS:

• Start by researching more about the animal you want to protect, writing a script and practicing with your friends and family!
  • Advertise your play with posters or tickets!
  • Offer drinks, like juice or water, to go with your baked goods
  • At the end of your play, you can ask the audience to help support your Bring Back the Wild campaign by providing a donation

playbutton1playbutton2

197 Comments

1. Sharky222222 says:

please donation I’m trying to help the swift fox.

deedeedee Reply:

don’t you mean please donate

Samantha05 Reply:

Yes I mean please donate

minecraftgirl101 Reply:

Me too I’m donating to the swift fox!

grunkle Reply:

I’m fundraising for the little brown bat.

2. savinganimals12345 says:

I think I’m going to try it!

krissme Reply:

This will be fun

krissme Reply:

I’m trying that tomorrow it will scary but I think I can do it

krissme Reply:

Me too

3. HannahCA says:

This idea sounds awesome!!!!! I think I might try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueFify Reply:

me too

SaveKiwiBirds Reply:

I think im gonna try it too! im new how do you choose your own animal? (not the ones listed)

Earth Rangers Reply:

Hi Ranger SaveKiwiBirds! There are four threatened animals that you can choose from for our current 2015/2016 year: Little Brown Bats, Wolverines, Peregrine Falcon and Cold-Water Coral. Follow this link to see what other animals our Bring Back the Wild campaigns have helped protect: http://www.earthrangers.com/wildwire/bring-back-the-wild-animals/.

4. HannahCA says:

This is an awesome!!!!

5. BatLover says:

this sounds interesting

6. dolphindiver says:

I want to do a play to help the little brown bat.My brother rinocharge wants to do a play too!

7. macgt1 says:

cool

8. dolphindiver says:

I’m trying to get volunteers for my play but it’s really hard for me to ask my friends.My brother and I keep forgetting to ask people.The play will be about why little brown bat need our help.Do you have any idea how I could remind myself?

Earth Rangers Reply:

Maybe put it in your calendar, set up a schedule of when to meet to create the script, when to talk with your friends, and of course when opening night for your play will be!

krissme Reply:

I did this before

sera22 Reply:

how do i send you the money

Earth Rangers Reply:

Hi Ranger Sera22! Please talk to a parent/guardian before fundraising/donating. You can send in a cheque or money order to Earth Rangers, 9520 Pine Valley Drive, Woodbridge, ON, L4L 1A6 (please have a parent/guardian write your Ranger ID on the memo line of the cheque). You can also donate by credit card directly through your donation page! For more information, contact us at info@earthrangers.com

9. paprikawolf says:

i really want to do this – i love plays and musicals.. maybe i can make one for the end of the school year and invite my friends and family.. i can write my own play even though it might not be very long

10. shayla4 says:

help save the animals stop wrecking habitats save them please

Dani7 Reply:

I’m making a play It’s going to be so cool! It’s called Lost In The Forest

Earth Rangers Reply:

That’s incredible to hear! Please keep us updated on how it goes Ranger Dani7! Email us at info@earthrangers.com to keep us updated on all your earth-saving activities!

Your Avatar
LOG IN or JOIN to leave a comment

Earth Rangers is a registered Canadian charity (#892200528RR0001) whose mission is to educate kids about the importance of biodiversity and empower them to protect animals and their habitat.