One of the trickiest things about growing plants indoors is figuring out how much or how little water they need. Well, we’ve solved that problem with today’s Eco-Activity! Build a self-watering slow and steady planter and take the guesswork out of watering!
Here’s how you make it:
1. Cut off the top third of your bottle.
2. Drill a small hole in the cap.
3. Pull a string through the hole.
4. Pour some water into the bottom part of the bottle.
5. Flip the top part upside-down and put it into the bottom part.
6. Fill the top part with soil and plant your seeds.
How it works:
You won’t have to worry about watering your plant from above! That’s because the string soaks up the water and carries it up into the soil. All you need to do is add more water when the bottom is empty.