The world is making incredible progress in the fight against single-use plastics. Did you know that approximately 40% of plastic produced every year is packaging that’s used once and thrown away? To contribute to the fight, we can make sure to reduce the number of items we purchase that contain single-use plastics! For today’s eco-activity, you’re going to see just how many single-use plastics are included in a single grocery trip for your family and work together to purchase more sustainable options!
- Go shopping with your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Take a “packaging inventory” of all the groceries and see which ones come with single-use plastics.
- Search up more sustainably packaged options that you and your family can purchase instead.
- Hand your parent(s) or guardian(s) your “packaging inventory” before they go on their next shopping trip.
- Create another packaging inventory form. Was your family able to reduce the amount of single-use plastics involved in a grocery trip?
This week is #WasteReductionWeek and we’re bringing you three extra eco-activities for extra tips on how to reduce waste in your life! Make sure to keep checking the eco-activities page each day to learn more about reducing waste with fun eco-activities. Want to learn more about waste reduction week? Click here!