Have you heard the buzz? Valentine’s Day is flying this way! Let’s get crafting some BEE-autiful cards to get a head start on sharing the love with those you love most.
Here’s what you need:
Time to bee creative!
- Using your cardstock, make a heart-shaped tracing template.
- Fold your yellow construction paper and trace around your heart along the folded side. Cut this out, leaving the folded side uncut. This will give you two joined hearts – ta-da! The head of your bee is also a card! Write a message to your Valentine inside.
- Trace and cut out two more yellow hearts – these ones don’t need to be folded.
- Trace and cut out two black hearts.
- Glue the black heart onto the yellow card so that the black V peeks out from behind the yellow V. Continue with your other yellow and black hearts, alternating colours. This will bee the body!
- Trace and cut out two white/light blue hearts. Then glue them onto the back of your bee body, sticking out like wings.
- Draw a face or add googly eyes to the head/card of your bee.
- Add antennae by cutting them out of scrap construction paper.
Consider spreading the love and leaving your crafted creation on the doorstep of someone who could use a little love! It’s a great way to send a kind message while practising safe social distancing!
Don’t forget to share a photo of your drop-off and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! We LOVE to see our Earth Rangers inspiring others.