Has your family been eating lots of popsicles this summer? We sure have! Since our leftover popsicle sticks started to pile up, we’ve come up with a great way to upcycle them AND make a useful craft! Using those, or even small sticks you’ve gathered from outside, you can make a fun door hanger to welcome guests to your humble abode, or keep others out during some much-needed alone time in your room!
For this craft, you’ll need:
- Twigs or popsicle sticks/wooden craft sticks
- Glue (white craft glue should do the trick, but if you decide to use hot glue just be extra careful!)
- Decorations: old puzzle pieces, pom-poms, leaves, pebbles
- Cut a piece of string about 30cm long.
- Tie the ends of your string to both ends of your stick, creating a loop.
- Glue more sticks to the one you looped, making a square. Once the glue has dried, flip the whole thing over so you can secure the back with another craft stick across the bottom half.
- Once fully dry, decorate your door hanger and personalize it with a message for anyone looking to visit!
- Share a picture of you with your completed door hanger. Tag us along with the hashtag #SummerEcoActivity: Don’t forget to follow our page & like the official launch post to qualify for a mystery prize!