Are you ready to bring a little bit of the forest into your home? For today’s Eco-Activity, we’re showing you how to make your own indoor tree! If you’re in the holiday spirit, get creative and turn your tree into a holiday decoration!
1. Head out to a nearby forest to find sticks and decorations.
2. When you’re back home, arrange the sticks on the floor from longest to shortest. Make sure they’re all about 15 cm apart.
3. Measure a piece of string that goes from the left side of the longest stick to the left side of the shortest stick. Leave about 15 cm of extra string, and cut.
4. Repeat step 3 on the right side so that you have two strings that are the same length.
5.Glue one end of your first string to the left side of the longest stick.
6. Continue gluing the string to the left side of the rest of the sticks, making sure that there’s about 15 cm of extra string when you’re done.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 on the right side.
8. Tie your two strings together at the top and hang it up on a wall in your home.
9. Time to decorate! Using string (and maybe some glue), hang your pine cones, leaves and other decorations off the sticks until you’re happy with your tree. If you’re making a holiday-themed tree, make sure to add some extra holiday decorations too.
10. Show off your tree to your friends and family!