Do you miss bees as much as we do in the winter? For today’s Eco-Activity, we’re going to make some bee buddies to keep us buzzing until our pollinator pals return in the spring.
1. With an adult, go find some rocks to use for your bees. An oval rock works best, but any shape will do!
2. When you’re back home, wash the rock to make sure all the dirt is gone.
3. Set up your painting station. Lay down some newspaper to protect your table, and get your paint and paint brushes ready.
4. Paint the entire rock yellow. While you’re waiting for it to dry, brush up on your bee facts!
5. Paint on some black stripes—now it’s looking more like a bee! While they’re drying, see if you can spot the difference between these two bee pictures!
6. Give your bee some wings with the light blue paint and let them dry.
7. Glue googly eyes on the bee’s face. If you want, you can use your black paint to give it a nose and mouth too.
8. Your bee buddy is done! Place it somewhere it can buzz all winter long!