Turning down the temperature in the winter may sound crazy, but it’s the best way to protect your home from the Thermo Inferno, one of the 7 energy-wasting culprits from Operation Conservation! These guys have been contributing to climate change and we need your help to stop them.
The Thermo Inferno loves it when you keep your home too warm in the winter so it can steal all the extra energy. All you need to do to stop this culprit is lower your thermostat by 2°C! Aim to get to 20°C to keep the Thermo Inferno out for the whole winter! Now we know it’s going to be a little chilly when you do, but don’t worry, we’re here to help! Check out these top ten ways to keep warm while you save energy!
1. Cozy up under a blanket.
2. Put on some comfy socks or slippers.
3. Throw on your wackiest, fuzziest or coziest sweater!
4. Close the curtains when it’s dark out for an extra layer of insulation, and open them up when it’s sunny to let the warm sun shine in!
5. Have a cup of hot cocoa, apple cider, tea or another warm drink.
6. Have some hot soup.
7. Put on your coolest hat.
8. Do some jumping jacks and get your blood moving.
9. Snuggle up with a pet or loved one.
10. Have a dance party with your friends.