Today’s Eco Activity: Eco-Conscious Coupon Cards!
Dad’s Day is coming up on Sunday! This Father’s Day, while we recognize our amazing dads and caregivers at home, we challenge you to use recycled materials to create a lovely DIY gift!
One easy way to be eco-friendly when gift giving is to use recycled paper for cards and crafts. Not only are forests pretty to look at and fun to explore, but they also have magical powers to keep the planet healthy. Trees help us fight climate change by absorbing and storing carbon dioxide. They also clean our water, stop soil from washing away, and are home to countless animals like deer, bears, raccoons, owls, moose, foxes, and so many more!
We should always try to use recycled materials as much as possible so that we can try to limit the use of our paper products. A great way to use recycled paper products for gift-giving is not only by making a fabulous card, but also a coupon booklet for fun and eco-loving ways to celebrate your proud papa! Think up some ways to show him (or anyone else in your life you’d love to celebrate) extra love by creating vouchers they can redeem over the summer!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take a nature walk or bike ride around the neighbourhood (don’t forget the reusable water bottles!)
- Cook an earth-friendly breakfast in bed (considering going meat free, or a “reduced waste” breakfast like an omelette using leftovers!)
- Spend an evening stargazing in the countryside.
- Help him with weeding invasive species from the garden.
- Take a trip to a local farmers market to pick out delicious treats.
- Spend a day at a lake or beach playing frisbee or building sandcastles.
- Give the “Dadmobile” an eco-friendly carwash (using rainwater or bath water that would otherwise go down the drain!)
- Prepare a family picnic in the park.
- Plant a brand-new tree together. A tree is a beautiful way to tell him that no matter how big you grow, you’ll always be his little one at heart! Plus, we promise it’ll be an unbe-LEAF-ably fun way to make some amazing memories together!
Have any other ideas that your fellow Earth Rangers can include in their coupon book? Share your ideas on social media by tagging our pages on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Feel free to share your cute coupon book too!