You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen…but do you know Twiggy, the reindeer made from twigs? For today’s Eco-Activity, we’re going to show you how you can bring your own Twiggy the Reindeer to life!
1. Head into the forest to collect some twigs. You’re going to need at least 5 of them, 2 of which should have offshoots. Grab more if you want to make a herd for Twiggy.
2. When you’re back home, take 3 of your twigs and glue them together into the shape of a triangle.
3. Glue the button or pompom to one of the pointy ends of your triangle. This is Twiggy’s nose.
4. Take the 2 twigs with offshoots, and glue them to the two other pointy ends of your triangle. These are Twiggy’s antlers.
5. Glue googly eyes near the nose and Twiggy the reindeer is complete!
6. Tie a string around the stick at the top of Twiggy’s head so you can hang it up for the world to see.